Traditionally a marinade for lamb, this recipe adds nice flavor to all meat or game and the lemon juice provides just enough acidity to help tenderize the meat. Recipe credit: Mark’s Daily Apple
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4-5 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2 tbsp dried), minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Grated zest from 1/2 a lemon, along with the juice
- Extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat the meat)
Mix the ingredients together. Salt and pepper the meat, then slather the mixture all over it. Place in a glass container inside the fridge for about two hours. Grill, roast or smoke to your liking.